Thursday, April 29, 2010

handmade goodness



i am totally obsessed with salvatore brooklyn ricotta cheese. it is total handmade goodness and the best ricotta i have ever had. i could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. seriously.

i buy mine at brooklyn larder. like a siren calling me from the subway station, brooklyn larder is a gourmet food shop from the owners of franny's -- my favorite neighborhood restaurant.

not to go all foodie on you or anything but just thought i would share some of my favorite ways of enjoying it.


this was a good one.
fried egg with oven brick long bread schmered with kale pesto, ricotta and white bean salad.
(all from brooklyn larder)


oven brick long bread (again -- it is my favorite!) with ricotta, dried figs with almonds in the center, drizzled with honey. YUM

my son's favorite -- pizza bianca.

No comments: